Overseas removals to the USA from East Anglia experts

Here at Arrowpak International we’ve been moving families, businesses and individuals, to and from the USA since 1979 so you can be sure you’re in good hands. Overseas removals can be daunting, so we will always be on hand to give you the help and advice you need at every stage of the journey.

Whether you’re moving to a major city or a tranquil retreat in the countryside, our East Anglia experts will ensure the transport of your personal items, valuables and even your pet will go smoothly.

Call us FREE on 01842 812 165
or complete our contact form and we will call you to discuss your move.

If you would like to get in contact with us please use the form below…

What you need to know about relocating to the USA

Household and personal effects can be imported without paying duty provided you have owned them for at least one year before arrival in the USA. Containers may be examined by US customs at the port of entry. Our efficient team at Arrowpak International will provide you with the correct documentation, which you will need to complete before departure, to ensure your overseas removals is as simple and stress free as possible.

You can take your furry friends with you when moving to the USA – cats and dogs do not require a permit or a rabies vaccination to enter the US as the UK is rabies free. You should however, get a health certificate from your veterinary surgeon confirming that your pet is fit to travel.

In terms of electrical items, please be aware that the electric current is 120 volts, 60Hz. Plugs are mainly the type with two flat pins, although three-pin plugs are also used. Appliances without dual-voltage settings will require an adapter, which can be bought in most electrical stores and major airports.

The USA has strict emission standards and only vehicles manufactured in the USA can be shipped with your household goods. Our East Anglia team at Arrowpak International will be happy to answer any queries regarding the import of cars or motorcycles manufactured elsewhere you may have before your overseas removals. You may drive in the USA using your full UK licence for up to one year, following which you will need to take a driving test and obtain a US licence.

Find your local office


01842 812 165