For many people, the very idea of moving house is stressful, what with the many things one has to organise ahead of the actual moving date. As one of the leading removal companies in the UK, Arrowpak have been providing removal services for almost 40 years and we like to think we know the business inside out. We all place a very high value on our personal possessions and having a team of strangers delving into our personal effects is hardly a warming experience, and with that in mind, here is a checklist to ensure that your relocation will be stress free.
- Selecting the Removal Company – At Arrowpak, we have the relocation process down to a fine art and our wealth of hands-on experience ensures that we take the strain. If you prefer to do your own packing, we will supply you with all the materials, or if you would rather leave everything to the professionals, that’s fine too. Our extensive fleet of trucks are designed for house removals and our teams have the know-how and experience to ensure the move goes ahead without a hitch. We specialise in house removals & storage and cover any location within the UK, making us the go-to people for a smooth relocation.
- Creating the Inventory – We never realise just how much stuff we have accumulated over the years until it is time to relocate, and rather than waiting until the removal team arrives, we recommend you create an inventory of every single item you wish to be included in the move. Anything that is unwanted should be physically put to one side to avoid confusion and once we have the inventory, we can make the necessary preparations.
- Utilities – It is essential to contact the utility companies well in advance and clear all your outstanding bills, while making it clear exactly when you wish to terminate the service. Regarding the new residence, you must also make arrangements so that you have all the utilities connected when you move in. This would include water, electricity, gas and telephone lines, ensuring that you have everything connected on the day of your arrival.
- Terminating Essential Domestic Services – This is very often overlooked, which can cause problems in the future and sometimes unnecessary expense on your part. Service engineers, handymen and any other domestic services you use should all be informed that you no longer require their services. This also applies to any subscriptions you might have running, which would either be terminated or you inform them of your new address.
- Cleaning – It is common practice when vacating a property to give it a good clean and if you have neither the time nor inclination, there are local companies who can handle this for you. The new abode should also be prepared for the moving day and there’s no better time for a spring clean than just prior to moving in. If the new home is some distance away, an online search will reveal the whereabouts of a local cleaning firm who can ensure that everything is ready on the big day.
Removals is our business and with our second to none service and “can do” attitude, you can be sure the relocation will be smooth and without incident. Give us a call on 0800 136 332 or leave a message and we will get back to you shortly.